HOW TO GET MORE CLIENTS THROUGH GUEST POSTING
Click on the links to access supplementary resources for each module.
- Module 2: What is guest posting?
- Module 3: How to find sites to submit your guest posts
- Module 4: Pitching for a guest post
- Module 5: Writing a (guest) post: a crash course
- Module 6: Sending the post/getting it published
- Module 7: How to guest post for different industries
- Module 8: Leveraging the published posts for better jobs
- Module 9: Integrating guest posting in your sales funnel
Like this course? Then you’ll LOVE my Advanced Guest Posting Course!
Sign up below to receive updates about my Advanced Guest Posting Course, which I’m currently developing. Learn how you can increase your income through guest posting!
MODULE 2: What is guest posting?
- Google Forecloses On Content Farms With “Panda” Algorithm Update (Search Engine Land)
- 3 Ways Guest Posting Can Help Grow Your Online Audience (Jeff Goins)
- The decay and fall of guest blogging for SEO (Matt Cutts)
Google’s Matt Cutts: We’ve Penalized A Guest Blogging Network (Search Engine Roundtable)
- 5 Guest Blogging Examples And Case Studies (The Social MS)
Sites and resources
MODULE 3: How to find sites to submit guest posts
- The Definitive Guide to Guest Blogging (Brian Dean)
- Finding Guest Blogging Opportunities to Increase Your Online Reach
Sites and resources:
- Google Keyword Planner (Google AdWords service that will find keyword ideas related to your topic or niche)
- SEOQuake (a Chrome extension that will help you export the sites from Google search)
- Alexa (a website analytics tool where you can uncover a site’s Global Ranking)
- Bulk Alexa Rank Checker (a tool that will find the Alexa Ranking of 500 sites in one click)
- Moz Open Site Explorer (an SEO tool to help you find a site’s Domain Authority)
- Small SEO Tools Domain Authority Checker (a tool to help you find the DA of multiple sites in one fell swoop)
MODULE 4: Pitching for a guest post
Ridiculously basic guest post pitch template
Hello, [name of editor/site owner]!
My name is [your name] and I’m a [kind of blogger/writer you are]. I have written articles for different publications related to [your niche] such as [name the sites you’ve written for – make sure to include the best and recognizable sites in your topic to make this work. You may choose to include the links for the editor’s reference].
I wish to share my knowledge about [your niche] to your audience.
I would like to pitch an article about [explain the topic that you want to discuss in your guest post. Make sure that the post hasn’t been discussed before in any of the posts there to increase the chances of your post to be accepted. Also, discuss the benefits that your posts will bring to their readers.].
Let me know if you’re interested. Thanks!
MODULE 5: Writing a (guest) post: a crash course
- 15 Call to Actions for Blog Posts that Convert (Writtent)
- Read This, Then Follow Me: How To Make Your Byline A Marketing Goldmine (Fast Company)
Sites and resources
- CoSchedule Headline Analyzer (create the best headline for your article by referring to different factors)
- Hemingway Editor (suggests ways on how you can make your article simpler and easier to read)
- Click to Tweet (create tweetable quotes in your article to increase Twitter shares)
- Writally (generate recipes for your blog post so you can focus on its content and not worry about its structure)
- Canva (design stunning visual content for your blog post without any design experience)
MODULE 6: Sending the post/getting it published
Rest! You deserve it 🙂
MODULE 7: How to guest post for different industries
This module shows how you can find sites to send guest posts and pitch your ideas to them.
MODULE 8: Leveraging the published posts for better jobs
- How To Promote Your Blog: 559,402 Visits & 25,309 Social Shares (with 27 Posts) (Robbie Richards)
- How to Drive Traffic to Your Blog (EXPLODE your Shares on Social Media) (Eden Fried)
- 18 Sites Where You Can Promote Your Blog Post
- How to Build Better Content from the Same Old Post (A.K.A. Content Repurposing)
- A Comprehensive Guide To Content Syndication And SEO
Resources and sites
- AmplifyBlog (one of the many sites where you can submit your blog post in its appropriate category to increase your traffic)
- LinkedIn (repurpose your content here as an article to extend your reach)
- Problogger Jobs (a job site for freelance writers. Use your guest posts when applying for jobs on this site.).
- WP RSS Aggregator (WordPress plugin to help you aggregate all your guest posts in one place)
MODULE 9: Integrating guest posting in your sales funnel
- The Beginner’s Guide to a Sales Funnel (MailMunch)
- The Definition of a Buyer Persona [in Under 100 Words] (Hubspot)
- Keyword Intent – The Secret to Attracting the Right Traffic (Wordstream)
- How to Create an Awesome Blog Bio in 9 Easy Steps (dlvr.it)
- About the Author: How to Write a Quality Author Bio (Hubspot)
Get your guest post published on my blog!
Put your newfound knowledge about guest posting by sending one over to me! I accept articles about freelancing, digital marketing, and content writing. However, I will entertain anything that you want to get published on my blog, as thanks for signing up to my course 🙂
Please fill out the form below so we can get started: